President & CEO
Chandra Bhushan is one of India’s foremost public policy experts and the founder-CEO of International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST).
Over the past two and a half decades, Bhushan has been engaging on a wide range of environmental issues through research and writing, and has remained at the forefront of several public policy campaigns. An engineer and environmental planner by training, Bhushan integrates scientific and technical expertise with understanding of socio-economic realities to solve multi-dimensional environmental and developmental challenges. His scope of work encompasses both global and local issues, from climate change and energy transformation to rights of mining-affected people and environmental governance. He has authored/ co-authored 20 books, more than 60 reports and numerous articles.
Bhushan advises a number of eminent institutions worldwide. He is an expert member for the BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, China) group of countries on Climate Change. He served as a Member, Engagement Committee of the Future Earth. In 2017, he was conferred with the Ozone Award by the UN-Environment’s for his contributions towards the framing of the Kigali Amendments to the Montreal Protocol.
Bhushan is a columnist for India’s leading media houses including Times of India, Malayala Manorama, Financial Express, and Gaon Connection.
For more of his work visit chandrabhushan.net.
- Just Transition in India: An inquiry into the challenges and opportunities for a post-coal future
- Grain by Grain: Green rating of the fertilizer sector
- State of Renewable Energy in India: A Citizen’s Report, 2019
- Climate change now: The story of carbon colonization
- India’s Energy Transition: Potential and prospects
- Capitan America
- To frac or not to frac: Shale gas in India – prospects and risks
- Lived Anomaly: How to Enable Farmers in India to Cope with Extreme Weather Events
- Heat on Power: Green rating of coal-based power plants
- Rising to the Call: Good Practices of Climate Change Adaptation in India
- Bhopal Gas Tragedy After 30 Years
- State of Renewable Energy in India: A Citizen’s Report, 2014
- Living with changing climate: Impact, vulnerability and adaptation challenges in Indian Sundarbans
- Into the furnace: The life cycle of the Indian Iron and Steel Industry
- Challenge of the New Balance
- Climate Change: Politics and Facts
- Rich Lands Poor People: Is ‘Sustainable’ Mining Possible?
- Concrete Facts: The Life Cycle of the Indian Cement Industry
- All about paper: The life cycle of the Indian pulp and paper industry
- Chlorine Chain: Environmental Rating of Indian Caustic-Chlorine Sector
- Mileage: Environmental Rating of Indian Automobile Sector