Senior Programme Associate, Just Transition
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced candidates for the position of Senior Programme Associate for the organization’s flagship initiative on Just Transition. The candidate will be primarily engaged in socio-economic and public policy research related to just energy transition of fossil fuel sectors.
Location: New Delhi/Noida
We are also open to consider candidates to work in a hybrid mode or from a remote location based on the requirements of the programme and the professional integrity of the candidate.
About iFOREST and its engagement in Just Transition
iFOREST, is an independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organization. The organization seeks to find, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment and development challenges.
The urgency of climate action and the need for developing a low-carbon economy requires a just transition of the fossil fuel sectors and fossil fuel-dependent industries, which will lead to net positive environmental, social and economic outcomes. Just Transition is a flagship initiative of iFOREST that is focused socio-economic and environmental aspects of just energy transition and industrial decarbonization. The programme is designed as a cross-cutting one and builds on rigorous research, policy engagement, public engagement, and capacity building. Our engagement spans across sub-national, national and international levels, and involves a range of stakeholders, including government, policy think tanks, multilateral institutions, and various civil society organizations.
- Excellent research aptitude with proven track record.
- Experience of socio-economic research.
- Excellent writing and communications skills with clarity of expression.
- Prepare high-quality reports, analytical papers, technical briefs, etc.
- Ability to engage with maturity and finesse with high-level stakeholders and experts in ministries and government departments, regulators, industry, etc.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly with the team.
- Knowledge of economic development planning, just energy transition, and related issues, is a plus.
- Master’s degree (minimum) from a reputed institution in the field of Economics, Development Economics, Public Policy, Environmental Policy or related disciplines.
- Candidates with a Tech with Master’s or PhD in Economics or public policy are also encouraged to apply.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in think tanks, research-based consulting, with proven credentials of high-level research and engagement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.