Senior Programme Associate, Energy
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), a New Delhi-based independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organization, invites capable and experienced professionals to join its Energy and Climate Change team.
iFOREST seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. The integrated Energy and Climate Change programme of iFOREST is focused on scaling up policy and technology solutions for energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, that are sustainable, equitable, and just.
Immediate work of the Senior Programme Associate would focus on providing comprehensive support to a state government in Eastern India in designing its decarbonization policy, scheme and strategy.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and engagement work, including:
- Design, execute and manage primary and secondary research on the renewable energy sector, and any related matters in the energy sector.
- Undertake quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research inputs, collaborations and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual meetings as per requirement.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Contributing to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
Education: Master’s degree in energy policy, economics, public policy or any related field, a bachelor’s degree in technology would be desirable.
- 10 years of full-time experience in research, consulting and advisory, focusing on energy policy and infrastructure finance.
- Experience of working with government departments/agencies would be desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the India’s power sector, especially the renewable energy sector, along with sound understanding of policy support framework
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by October 12th, 2021.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must include a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.