Research Intern – Just Transition
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability and Technology (iFOREST), a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization, is looking for research interns to support the ongoing research projects of Just Transition of coal mine and power plant regions.
This is an immediate opening for a duration of two months, which can be extended on a requirement/availability basis.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree, or those pursuing/completed Master’s degree in Engineering, Environment Studies, Environment Science, Public Policy, Economics, Development Studies, Rural Management or related fields are encouraged to apply.
Applying candidate must be interested in undertaking data and field research (as required) in Jharkhand.
- The intern must have good research and analytical skills. She/he must be able to do thorough desk research, co-ordinate with officials and agencies for data and information, and compile information in a systematic manner.
- He/she must also be flexible to providing ad hoc support to the team from time to time.
- Knowledge of coal mining regions, and social and economic conditions is desirable.
- He/she is expected to be prompt and regular.
- He/she must be willingness to conduct field visits if required.
The work location will be Ranchi, Jharkhand.
Only Jharkhand-based candidates can apply.
iFOREST will provide a monthly honorarium and a certification of completion following the last date of the internship and based on the review of work and progress.
How to apply
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com Please mention ‘Research Intern- Just Transition’ in the subject. Application must include a cover letter with statement of suitability with their Resume/CV.