Programme Lead, Industrial Transition
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), is looking for experienced and dynamic professionals to Lead the organization’s work on Industrial Transition.
The successful applicant must have a sound technical background with experience of working in Energy efficiency; Energy Management; Boiler-based industries and efficiency of MSME sectors; such as, Food and Beverages, Textile, Chemicals, Pharma, etc. At least 8-10 years of work experience is required.
Position is based in Noida/ Delhi NCR
About the Programmme
The Industrial Transition (or industrial decarbonization) programme is a part of iFOREST’s flagship initiative on Just Transition. The objective of the programme is to steer a green industry transition to support green growth and green jobs, while improving local environmental conditions and achieving climate goals.
The programme is strongly focused on technical research and stakeholder engagement (especially with government departments/agencies and the industry) to achieve a green transition of fossil fuel-dependent factories that are associated with various industries.
Qualification & Work Experience
Master’s degree from a reputed institution with the following academic qualifications is highly desirable:
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, and related., is a must
- A degree in Business Administration along with the above-mentioned engineering background will be considered a plus.
- The candidate must have experience of working in Energy efficiency; Energy Management; Boiler-based industries and efficiency of MSME sectors; such as, Food and Beverages, Textile, Chemicals, Pharma, etc.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience in industry is required.
Competencies & Responsibilities
The successful candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of industries.
- Proven track record of engagement with industry partners, government agencies,
- Ability to undertake and guide technical research and analysis.
- Ability to prepare technical reports of high-quality.
- Maturity to take up a leadership role to build the programme’s profile.
The responsibilities as the Programme Lead entail the following:
- Lead and manage research projects related to industrial transition.
- Lead and undertake technical research and analysis.
- Prepare high-quality technical reports, briefs, etc.
- Liasson/coordinate with government officials and agencies, to support policies/programs/investments for industrial transition.
- Engage with industry and technical partners, to identify practical solutions for scaling up action on industrial transition.
- Do high-level meetings and presentations to achieve outcomes.
- Convene stakeholder meetings to build policy and public engagement.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines, and performance metrics to track the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Build the institutional profile, and contribute to the design and development of programmes, including support in the writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Why Choose iFOREST
- Purpose-driven work: Contributing from sub-nation to national and global goals.
- Professional development: In areas and sectors that are contemporary and pressing.
- Compensation: We offer a salary that is not only competitive but recognizes and rewards your commitment and talent.
- Inclusive Culture: Benefit from a supportive and diverse work environment.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.