Programme Lead, Green Mobility
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced professionals for the position of Programme Lead to build the organization’s ‘Green Mobility’. The Green Mobility work of iFOREST is focused on an e-mobility transition that is truly green, and sustainable, and also has economic benefits.
This is a leadership position, and applicants must have excellent research aptitude research, strong communication skills, and experience in multi-stakeholder engagement, team management, and contributions to programme development.
Location: New Delhi/Noida
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote, and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Industrial Decarbonization.
About the Role
The successful candidate would be responsible for leading the Green Mobility programme and will be responsible for the successful completion and delivery of various outputs of the Green Mobility programme, including research, policy, and public engagement, that are impactful and can help to achieve outcomes.
The comprehensive set of tasks required for leading and executing impactful research and engagement work in this context would broadly entail:
- Lead and manage various research projects of the Green Mobility Initiative.
- Lead and conduct (as required) in-depth primary and secondary research, that includes quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles, and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropics, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Engage with high-level stakeholders on research and policy deliberations.
- Manage and organize physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines, and performance metrics to track the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Build the institutional profile, and contribute to the design and development of programmes, including support in the writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Automobile Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with a master’s degree in public policy, engineering, management, or other relevant professional disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of full-time experience in public policy research or management consulting/advisory (preferably focused on the automobile sector or energy sector).
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and delivery of outputs.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Guide team members on the delivery of outputs towards programmatic goals.
- Day-to-day management of team work.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate person, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping public policies and programmes.
Successful candidate(s) should be open to travel as per the requirement.
What we offer
We assure you a rewarding experience if you are passionate to build a career. At iFOREST we strongly support our colleagues’ professional development and recognition, and offer an inclusive and amicable work environment.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think tank space, and reward performance through our annual appraisals.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
The successful candidate’s designation may be changed based on qualifications and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by September 4, 2023. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Applications must be accompanied by a CV; a Cover Letter (no more than 500 words) and list of referees (at least 2) with contact details. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.