Programme Associate, Renewable Energy (Odisha)
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of Programme Associate for the ongoing Clean Energy Programme in Odisha.
Location: Bhuvneshwar, Odisha
iFOREST is an independent not-for-profit research and innovation organisation which was established in 2019 to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for pressing environment-development challenges in India and other developing countries in Asia and Africa.
Our work is rooted in regional priorities to accelerate environmental actions at the sub-national level and to improve national policies and plans to support it. Our mission is to address the unique needs of regions by leveraging our resources and expertise to scale up national action and make a global impact. We use our regional knowledge to inform national policy and plans and strengthen international collaboration.
To achieve our goals, we conduct independent evidence-based research, develop new knowledge and innovative solutions, convene stakeholders to increase awareness and build consensus, and partner with think tanks, civil society, government agencies, philanthropies and industry to scale up solutions.
About the Clean Energy Programme
The Clean Energy programme of iFOREST focuses on the issue of growing regional imbalance in India’s RE expansion. By promoting RE, including distributed renewable energy, in ‘low-RE states’ and collaborating with the industries to replace fossil fuel-based captive plants with renewables, iFOREST aims to catalyse action towards realizing the ambitious goal of 500 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030. Specific focus remains on eastern and north-eastern states of India. The engagement continues both at a regional level and at the state-level.
About the role
iFOREST is looking for a suitable and experienced candidate to join our team in providing implementation support to the state nodal agency (SNA) in Odisha. The successful candidate should have a detailed knowledge of both RE technologies as well as the RE policy landscape. Her/his work would entail directly working with the SNA for implementation of RE growth project/schemes/plans. The candidate should thus have prior exposure to designing and implementing RE schemes. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the SNA in coordination and capacity building activities.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the successful candidate would include:
- Support resource potential assessments related activities across RE technologies.
- Support pre-development works for identified projects, including support in drafting feasibility studies, site assessments surveys, technical evaluations, evaluation of submitted DPRs, etc. as per the requirement.
- Support pre-bid and post-bid activities for project allotment, including drafting bidding and contractual documents, managing bid process, assisting techno-commercial and financial evaluations, and reviewing submitted drawings/designs/specifications.
- Support in undertaking studies and consultations for designing, proposing and managing schemes/business models for RE deployment.
- Support in executing strategies/activities for ensuring inter-department and inter-agency coordination.
- Support in executing comprehensive set of activities for capacity building.
- Assist in internal and external communications.
- Track industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in RE technology, policy, and regulations.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
In line with the listed responsibilities for the successful candidate, she/he is expected to have the following competencies:
Strong knowledge of RE technologies, project development, and project assessment and management methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of RE policies, programmes, schemes and initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail and a proactive approach to project challenges.
- Proficient in project management tools and techniques, and technical report writing.
- Capability to work independently under tight deadlines and multitask effectively.
- Advanced and effective interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, persuasive, nimble, and collaborative.
- Willingness to relocate to Bhuvneshwar, and travel to project sites as required.
Qualification & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, renewable energy, or a related field from a reputable institution. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 6 to 8 years of work experience in renewable energy sector, with a focus on providing implementation support.
What we offer
We assure you a rewarding experience if you are passionate to build a career. At iFOREST we strongly support our colleagues’ professional development and recognition, and offer an inclusive and amicable work environment.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think tank space, and reward performance through our annual appraisals.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.