Senior Programme Associate, Clean Energy
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of Senior Programme Associate, Clean Energy.
iFOREST is an independent not-for-profit research and innovation organisation which was established in 2019 to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for pressing environment-development challenges in India and other developing countries in Asia and Africa.
Our work is rooted in regional priorities to accelerate environmental actions at the sub-national level and to improve national policies and plans to support it. Our mission is to address the unique needs of regions by leveraging our resources and expertise to scale up national action and make a global impact. We use our regional knowledge to inform national policy and plans and strengthen international collaboration.
To achieve our goals, we conduct independent evidence-based research, develop new knowledge and innovative solutions, convene stakeholders to increase awareness and build consensus, and partner with think tanks, civil society, government agencies, philanthropies and industry to scale up solutions.
About the Clean Energy Programme
The Clean Energy programme of iFOREST focuses on the issue of growing regional imbalance in India’s RE expansion. By promoting RE, including distributed renewable energy, in ‘low-RE states’ and collaborating with the industries to replace fossil fuel-based captive plants with renewables, iFOREST aims to catalyse action towards realizing the ambitious goal of 500 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030. Specific focus remains on eastern and north-eastern states of India. The engagement continues both at a regional level and at the state-level.
About the role
iFOREST is looking for a suitable candidate to undertake the in-dept and impactful research and engagement activities for the Clean Energy Programme.
The successful candidate will be contribute to delivery of research and engagement outputs pertaining to eastern region work of iFOREST. This would entail undertaking impactful research to support the growth of renewable energy resources in Eastern region states. The candidate would also be expected to participate in multi-stakeholder engagement, outreach and communication strategies. She/he should also support institutional growth by identifying new areas of work to support institutional goals.
The selected candidate should be able to build the institutional profile in the sector through presentations and participations on various public and private forums. Travel as per the requirement is must.
The candidate should have detailed understanding of the renewable energy sector in India and the associated policy and regulatory landscape.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the successful candidate would include:
- Execute research initiatives of Clean Energy Programme ensuring delivery of high quality research products.
- Conduct in-dept primary and secondary research.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data/information collection and analysis.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropic funders, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Support organizing physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Contribute to design and development of new programmes and initiatives.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
In line with the listed responsibilities for the successful candidate, she/he is expected to have the following competencies:
- Comprehensive knowledge of India’s clean energy transition policies, programmes, and initiatives.
- Proficiency in research and writing, demonstrated by exhaustive experience.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, and ability to organize and document structured primary research/consultations for research.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping policies and programmes.
- Demonstrated experience of managing research teams/resources.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines; and be a team player.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Willingness to travel as per the requirement.
Qualification & Work Experience
- Master’s degree (minimum) from a reputed institution in any relevant field, including management, economics, public policy, energy policy, renewable energy technology etc.
- 8 to 10 years of work experience in renewable energy research or consulting or advisory related works.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and report writing is a must.
What we offer
We assure you a rewarding experience if you are passionate to build a career. At iFOREST we strongly support our colleagues’ professional development and recognition, and offer an inclusive and amicable work environment.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think tank space, and reward performance through our annual appraisals.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.