Senior Programme Associate, Waste Management
iFOREST is inviting applications from capable, experienced and passionate professionals to build its Waste Management team.
We are an independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organisation set up to develop, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges. Pollution and waste management is a core area of operation.
Immediate work of the Senior Programme Associate would focus on in depth research and multi-stakeholder engagement, based on field studies across multiple states in India.
Work Description & Responsibilities
Successful candidates would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and advocacy work in the waste sector, including:
- Primary and secondary research on the waste management, treatment and disposal practices, and any related matters in the circular economy.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Contributing to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
Education: Master’s degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Environment, and Economics, or in any other related field.
Experience: 6 to 10 years of full-time experience for Senior Programme Associate in the areas of:
- Solid waste management, plastic waste management, circular economy, waste characterization etc. in capacity of either research or implementation projects.
- Qualitative and quantitative research, and report writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of the waste management sector.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by January 15, 2022.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 1000 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.