Senior Programme Associate, Renewable Energy
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), a New Delhi-based independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organization, invites capable and experienced professionals to join its Energy and Climate Change team.
iFOREST seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. The integrated Energy and Climate Change programme of iFOREST is focused on scaling up policy and technology solutions for energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, that are sustainable, equitable, and just.
We are looking to engage an energy policy researcher as a Senior Programme Associate for providing
comprehensive support to a sub-national government in Eastern India in designing decarbonization policy, scheme and strategy.
Work Description & Responsibilities
- Design, execute and manage primary and secondary research on the renewable energy, and any related matters in the energy sector.
- Undertake quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders for research inputs, collaborations and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual meetings, as per requirement.
- Engage in professional development opportunities as required.
- Contribute to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in energy policy, economics, public policy, technology or any related field, a bachelor’s degree in technology would be desirable
- 8-10 years of full-time experience in research, consulting and advisory, focusing on energy policy and renewable energy promotion.
- Experience of working with government departments/agencies would be desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the India’s power sector, especially the renewable energy sector, along with sound understanding of policy support framework across various states.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and lucid writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Remuneration: Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions:
Please send your applications by January 20, 2022
Applications must be accompanied by CV and a cover letter of no more than 800 words, that clearly describes your suitability for the described position, and the motivation to join iFOREST.
Applications without the cover would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.