Senior Programme Associate, Energy & Climate Change
iFOREST is looking to build its Energy and Climate Change team with the addition of two capable, experienced and passionate professionals. The integrated programme on Energy and Climate Change is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, through interventions in climate policy, clean energy, green cooling and industrial decarbonization.
Applying candidates should necessarily have experience of qualitative and quantitative analysis & report writing.
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and advocacy work in energy and climate change sectors, including:
- Primary and secondary research on the renewable energy sector, and any related matters in the energy and climate change sector.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Contributing to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in Energy Studies, Economics, Climate Change and Sustainability, Public Policy, Technology or in any other related field. It would be ideal to have candidates with technical education at graduation level and policy/economic degree at master’s level.
- Experience: 4-10 years of full-time experience in renewable energy research or consulting pr advisory related works.
Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, and report writing is a must.
o Comprehensive knowledge of India’s energy sector.
o Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
o Proficiency in research and writing.
o Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
o Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple
o Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by October 10, 2022.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.