Senior Programme Associate - Energy & Climate Change (Just Transition)
iFOREST is currently inviting applications from experienced and passionate professionals for the position of Senior Programme Associate for the Energy & Climate Change Initiative. The candidate with specifically work on Just Transition, a key component of climate mitigation and justice, and a core area of engagement for iFOREST.
About iFOREST engagement on Just Transition Initiative
Just transition highlights the need for social justice in the shift towards a zero-carbon world. It reinforces the fact that ending our dependence on fossil fuel should not be a trade-off between the environment and economy. It compels us to think and plan alternative economic and social systems that are sustainable and thriving.
Just Transition is a core engagement area of iFOREST. The organization is working on the issue through a multipronged approach including research, policy engagement, public outreach and capacity building. Our engagement spans across sub-national, national and international levels, and involves a range of stakeholders. The organization is also launching the India Just Transition Centre (IJTC) in June, which is the first comprehensive platform in India to work on the issue.
With a team of experienced professionals from cross cutting domains, and expert advisors and affiliates, even in the short span since its incorporation in 2019, iFOREST has managed to make notable contributions in the fields of environment and climate change, including on just transition. Our recent book Just Transition in India: An inquiry into the challenges and opportunities for a post-coal future, is the first-of-its-kind on ground research from India on what transitioning away from the coal economy means and entails for our country.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Masters (minimum, or higher degree) in Economics (with research focus on development economics), Environmental Law, Law and Development or related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in relevant areas of environment, climate change, development or other appropriate areas. If PhD, a minimum of 5 years of work experience is required.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in writing and communication of research outputs.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with diverse group of people on policy issues.
- Work independently, and guide team members.
Work Description & Responsibilities
- Undertake and oversee quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Prepare analytical reports, policy papers, articles, and other forms of materials, suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders for research, and dissemination of research outputs.
- Engage in professional development opportunities of the programme and the organization.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline and instructions
Please send your applications by June 30, 2021
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and Cover Letter (no more than 1000 words).
Applicants with specified educational qualification and experience, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.