Senior Programme Associate, Automobile transition
iFOREST is looking to build its Energy and Climate Change team with the addition of capable, experienced and passionate professionals. The integrated programme on Energy and Climate Change is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, through interventions in climate policy, clean energy, green cooling and industrial decarbonization. Addressing the emerging issues and opportunities in India’s automobile sector
transition is a core objective of the programme.
Applying candidates should necessarily have experience of research, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
Location: New Delhi
Working arrangement: Hybrid
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Industrial Decarbonization.
About the Role
The successful candidate would support delivery of outputs and outcomes pertaining to the automobile transition programme through impactful research and multi-stakeholder engagement.
This would broadly entail the following:
- Contribute to the research initiatives of automobile transition programme.
- Conduct in-dept primary and secondary research.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data/information collection and analysis.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropic funders, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Organize physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Contribute to design and development of new programmes and initiatives.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably automobile), and a master’s degree in management or energy studies or public policy or economics.
- 6-8 years of full-time experience in qualitative and quantitative socio-economic or public policy research or management advisory/consulting (preferably focused on automobile sector or energy sector).
- Experience in report writing is a must.
- Experience of designing and executing stakeholder consultation is must
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Ability to organize and document structured primary research/consultations for research.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping policies and programmes.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and be a team player.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by February 28, 2023.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.