Programme Manager, Industrial Decarbonization
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced professionals for the position of Programme Manager to lead the organizations industrial decarbonization programme. The person will initially work on the ‘automobile sector’ transition. Persons with suitable background and experience are encouraged to apply.
iFOREST, is an independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organisation. Started by a group of renowned scientists and environmentalists, it seeks to find, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges.
The urgency of climate action and transitioning to a low-carbon economy requires a comprehensive energy transition. This also will require planning for a just transition in all fossil fuel related sectors that will be impacted by the clean energy transition. Just Transition is a core engagement area of iFOREST, on which the organization is working on a cross-cutting manner. iFOREST is taking a multipronged approach including, research, policy engagement, public outreach and capacity building. Our engagement spans across sub-national, national and international levels, and involves a range of stakeholders. The organization has also launched the India Just Transition Centre (IJTC) in June 2021, which is the first comprehensive platform in India to work on the issue. With a team of experienced professionals from cross cutting domains, and expert advisors and affiliates, even in the short span since its incorporation in 2019, iFOREST has managed to make notable contributions in the fields of environment and climate change, including on just transition.
- Excellent technical knowledge and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work with large datasets, and do modelling and projections.
- Prepare high-quality reports, analytical research papers, technical briefs, etc. with clarity in writing.
- Ability to engage with experts and high-level stakeholders in government ministries/agencies, industry, funding agencies, etc. with maturity and finesse.
- Ability to lead research projects and guide junior team members effectively.
- Knowledge of fossil fuel industry, and fossil-dependent sectors, a plus.
- M Tech/Master’s degree, or PhD in relevant engineering and/or science discipline from reputed institution.
- The following background are preferable- Engineering-MBA, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management (with bachelors in mechanical or civil engineering), and any other relevant.
- A minimum of 8 years (preferably 10) of work experience in think tanks, industrial R&D, research-based consulting, with some evidence of leading projects and high-level engagement with stakeholders.
- For candidates with a PhD, at least 5 years of post-PhD work experience is required.
- Experience in industrial decarbonization, automobile sector transition will be considered a plus.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Applications must be accompanied by a CV; a Cover Letter (no more than 1,000 words) and list of referees (at least 2) with contact details. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.