Programme Lead – Waste Management & Capacity Building
iFOREST invites applications from well-qualified and experienced professionals for the Programme Lead position to head the organisation’s waste management and capacity-building vertical.
The role of the Programme Lead will guide all work pertaining to research, implementation and capacity building as per the scope of the programme. The person shall also be responsible for strategic planning and financial and administrative management of project portfolios.
About iFOREST and Waste Management & Capacity Building Initiative
iFOREST is an independent non-profit environmental research and innovation organisation. Started by a group of renowned scientists and environmentalists, it seeks to find, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges.
Waste Management & Capacity Building is a core initiative of iFOREST, focused on managing waste and pollution through better governance, data-driven decision-making, use of smart and affordable technologies, and improved capacity of stakeholders. We are also engaged in making a ground-level difference through our extensive engagement at the state and city level. The core areas of the initiative currently include solid waste, biomedical waste, plastic waste and marine litter, and stakeholder capacity building across issues.
We have also developed a ‘Learning Centre’ to impart training to various stakeholders. Our training programmes are designed as interactive and solution-oriented, using the relevant tools and technologies.
Qualification and Work Experience
- Masters in environmental engineering, environmental management, environmental planning, environmental sciences, or any other related field.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience, with at least 8-10 years in the relevant field.
- Proven skill and experience of capacity building.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in writing and research outputs. This will include developing and guiding research reports, technical reports, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaison with government authorities and agencies.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Leadership and ability to work with a diverse group of professionals.
- Guiding and undertaking research and development of research reports, technical reports, and any other relevant materials.
- Managing and monitoring ground research and implementation of projects in the states and cities.
- Designing training programmes and workshops.
- Organising and leading training programmes and workshops at the national, state and city levels.
- Communicating with government officials at the national, state and municipality levels and coordinating with all relevant authorities.
- Engaging with various stakeholders at the national and state levels to disseminate information and build knowledge.
- Develop strategic plans and build a stakeholder network for developing the programme and expanding its scope.
- Financial and administrative management of projects.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of the successful candidate will be based on qualifications and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.