Programme Lead, Urban Transition
iFOREST is inviting applications from experienced and dynamic professionals for the position of Programme Lead, Urban Transition.
The ideal candidate must have leadership qualities and a passion for developing sustainable, climate-resilient, and vibrant urban areas.
About iFOREST & Urban Transition Programme
iFOREST is an environmental research and innovation organisation that seeks to identify, promote, and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include –Climate Change, Just Transition, Green Energy, Urban Transition, Waste and Pollution, Natural Resource Management, and Environmental and Climate Governance.
The Urban Transition programme focuses on issues of ‘Green Mobility Transition’ and ‘Climate Resilient Cities’, with a comprehensive outlook of shaping the future of our urban areas that are thriving, green, and sustainable. Specific areas of work will include developing green mobility plans, research on EVs and just transition of the automobile sector, heat action plan, cooling action plan, urban resilience, and green cooling technologies.
About the role
The successful candidate would be responsible for leading and delivering various outputs of the Urban Transport programme, including research, policy, and public engagement, that are impactful and can help to achieve outcomes.
The comprehensive set of tasks required for leading and executing impactful research and engagement work in this context would broadly entail:
- Lead and manage various research projects of the Urban Transition Initiative.
- Lead and conduct (as required) in-depth primary and secondary research, that includes quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles, and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropics, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Engage with high-level stakeholders on research and policy deliberations.
- Manage and organise physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines, and performance metrics to track the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Build the institutional profile, and contribute to the design and development of programmes, including support in the writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Candidates must have a Master’s in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Urban Management, or equivalent disciplines, with a B. Tech. or B.Arch.
- Minimum 8 years of full-time experience in urban planning, transportation planning, sustainable urban design, etc.
- Experience of working in a think-tank space would be an added advantage.
The successful candidate should have the following competencies:
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and delivery of outputs.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to engage with key stakeholders
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Guide team members on the delivery of outputs towards programmatic goals.
- Day-to-day management of team work.
- Ability to build network and engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate person, with an appreciation of the role of think-tanks in shaping public policies and programmes.
Successful candidate(s) should be open to travel as per the requirement.
What we offer
We assure you a rewarding experience if you are passionate to build a career. At iFOREST we strongly support our colleagues’ professional development and recognition, and offer an inclusive and amicable work environment.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think-tank space, and reward performance through our annual appraisals.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s qualification, experience, and competency as required for the position.
Application deadline and instructions
September 14, 2023. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.