Programme Lead/Senior Programme Associate, Renewable Energy
iFOREST is seeking capable, experienced, and passionate professionals to join its Energy and Climate Change team. The Clean Energy Programme aims to drive action towards achieving India’s ambitious goal of 500 GW of renewable energy (RE) capacity by 2030. The programme specifically focuses on promoting RE deployment, including distributed RE, in “non-RE states” and collaborating with industries to replace fossil fuel-based captive plants with renewables.
We are looking for highly skilled and experienced RE specialists to join our team and provide implementation support to the state nodal agency (SNA) in Odisha.
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
iFOREST is an environmental research and innovation organization dedicated to identifying, promoting, and scaling-up solutions for pressing environment-development challenges. We aim to make environmental protection a people’s movement by informing and engaging citizens on important issues and programs. Our core areas of operation include Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing comprehensive implementation support to the SNA of Odisha, ensuring effective and efficient outcomes. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting resource potential assessments across RE technologies and identifying potential sites for project development.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating a database of potential projects for allotment or award.
- Performing detailed pre-development work for identified projects, including feasibility studies, site assessments/appraisal surveys, technical evaluations, evaluation of submitted DPRs, verification of project potential etc.
- Assisting pre-bid and post-bid activities for project allotment, including drafting bidding and contractual documents, managing the bid process, assisting techno-commercial and financial evaluations, and reviewing submitted drawings/designs/specifications.
- Facilitating and expediting project implementation activities for allotted/awarded projects.
- Monitoring and evaluating project progress.
- Assisting in internal and external communications.
- Tracking industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in RE technology, policy, and regulations.
- Designing and proposing schemes/business models for RE procurement.
- Undertaking any other aligned work as required.
Required Qualification & Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, renewable energy, or a related field from a reputable institution. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 10 to 5 years of relevant experience in the renewable energy sector, with a focus on project design, implementation, and management.
- This includes experience in preparing detailed project reports/feasibility reports, reviewing RE projects, supporting bid management processes, or providing bid advisory services. Professional certifications in this context are desirable.
- Strong knowledge of RE technologies, project development, and project assessment and management methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail and a proactive approach to project challenges.
- Proficient in project management tools and techniques.
- Capability to work independently under tight deadlines and multitask effectively.
- Advanced and effective interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, persuasive, nimble, and collaborative.
- Willingness to travel to project sites as required.
A competitive salary will be offered based on the candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application Deadline & Instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
Preferred method: We encourage candidates to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter.
Please ensure that the cover letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the position and your motivation to join iFOREST.