Programme Lead- Maharashtra, Just Transition
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), is looking for dynamic professionals to Lead the organization’s work and deep engagement on Just Energy Transition in Maharashtra.
This is a leadership position, and only professionals with at least 8-10 years of relevant work experience should apply. The successful applicant must have excellent research aptitude, strong communication skills, and experience in multi-stakeholder engagement, team management, and programme development.
Just Transition is an integrated initiative of iFOREST that is based on cutting-edge public policy research and multi-stakeholder engagement to achieve a green transition, that is socially responsible, environmentally sustainable, and economically viable.
Qualification & Work Experience
- Master’s degree (minimum)from a reputed institution in the field of Economics, Development Economics, Public Policy, Environmental Policy, or related disciplines.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with Master’s or higher in Economics, Public Policy, etc. are also encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of work experience in think tanks, and research-based consulting, with proven credentials in high-level research and engagement.
Competencies & Responsibilities
The successful candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strong research aptitude with a proven track record.
- Excellent communication skills, and extrovert personality who can engage with various stakeholders, including government, industry, financial institutions, civil society organizations, etc.
- Maturity to take up a leadership role to build the programme’s profile in the state and strengthen the organization’s engagement on various platforms with respect to just transition.
- Undertake and guide impactful research, and build strong multi-stakeholder stakeholder engagement.
- Knowledge of just energy transition, fossil fuel industry, fossil-dependent sectors, just energy transition, and related issues, is a plus.
The responsibilities as the Programme Lead entail the following:
- Lead and manage various research projects of the just transition initiative in the state.
- Lead and conduct (as required) in-depth primary and secondary research, that includes quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Prepare high-quality reports, analytical research papers, technical briefs, etc. with clarity in writing.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, industry, financial institutions, investors, CSOs and research institutes, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines, and performance metrics to track the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Build the institutional profile, and contribute to the design and development of programmes, including support in the writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Why Choose iFOREST
- Purpose-driven work: Contributing from sub-nation to national and global goals.
- Professional development: In areas and sectors that are contemporary and pressing.
- Compensation: We offer a salary that is not only competitive but recognizes and rewards your commitment and talent.
- Inclusive Culture: Benefit from a supportive and diverse work environment.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.