Programme Lead, Maharashtra – Just Energy Transition (Focus- Research, Government & Industry Relations)
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), is looking for experienced and dynamic professionals to Lead the organization’s work and deep engagement on Just Energy Transition in Maharashtra.
This is a leadership position, and only professionals with at least 10 years of relevant work experience should apply. The successful applicant must have proven aptitude of analytical research, track record of high-level Government and/or Industry Engagement, and ability to achieve programmatic goals.
Position will be based strictly in Mumbai or Pune
About Just Transition Programme of iFOREST
Just Transition programme is a flagship initiative of iFOREST that focused on two key components- ‘Just Enregy Transition’ and ‘Industrial Decarbonization’, which are crucial for achieving our net zero goals and building a green and inclusive economy.
The programme is strongly focused on cutting-edge research and multi-stakeholder engagement to achieve a green transition and green growth that is socially responsible, environmentally sustainable, and economically viable.
Qualification & Work Experience
Master’s degree (minimum) from a reputed institution with the following academic qualifications is highly desirable:
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering + Public Policy
- Economics + Public Policy
- Economics+ Business Administration/Public Policy
- Any other related
A minimum of 10 years of work experience in think tanks, reputed consulting firms, multilateral agencies, or similar organizations, is required,
Competencies & Responsibilities
The successful candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strong research aptitude with a proven track record.
- Proven track record of high-level engagement with Government and Industry,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to undertake and guide impactful research and technical analysis.
- Maturity to take up a leadership role to build the programme’s profile in the state and strengthen the organization’s engagement on various platforms.
- Knowledge of just energy transition, industrial decarbonization, fossil fuel industries, and related issues,.
The responsibilities as the Programme Lead entail the following:
- Lead and manage research projects of the just transition initiative in the state.
- Lead and undertake analytical research ad technical analysis.
- Prepare high-quality reports, analytical research papers, technical briefs, etc.
- Liasson/coordinate with government officials and agencies, to support policies/programmes/investments for just energy transition.
- Engage with industry, financial institutions, technical partners, to identify practical solutions for scaling up action.
- Do high-level meetings and presentations to achieve outcomes.
- Convene stakeholder meetings to build policy and public engagement.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines, and performance metrics to track the effectiveness and impact of the program.
- Build the institutional profile, and contribute to the design and development of programmes, including support in the writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Why Choose iFOREST
- Purpose-driven work: Contributing from sub-nation to national and global goals.
- Professional development: In areas and sectors that are contemporary and pressing.
- Compensation: We offer a salary that is not only competitive but recognizes and rewards your commitment and talent.
- Inclusive Culture: Benefit from a supportive and diverse work environment.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency. Final designation of successful candidate will be based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.