Programme Lead, Clean Energy Policy
iFOREST is looking to build its Energy and Climate Change team with the addition of capable, experienced and passionate professionals. The integrated programme on Energy and Climate Change is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, through interventions in climate policy, clean energy, green cooling and industrial decarbonization. Scaling-up renewable energy (RE), energy transition and industrial decarbonisation in eastern India is a core objective of the programme.
Applying candidates should necessarily have experience of research, engagement and team management.
Location: New Delhi
Working arrangement: Hybrid
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Industrial Decarbonization.
About the Role
The successful candidate would be responsible for the delivery of all outputs and outcomes of the Energy and Climate Change programme pertaining to the research and engagement designed for supporting decarbonization and just energy transition of the eastern region. In that, she/he will be expected to design initiatives and strategies, execute all tasks/activities with the help of the team, engage with stakeholders, build the organizational profile in the focus states and take complete responsibility of the planned initiatives.
The comprehensive set of tasks required for leading and executing impactful research and engagement work in this context would broadly entail:
- Lead and manage all eastern-region focused research initiatives of the Energy and Climate Change programme.
- Lead and conduct in-dept primary and secondary research.
- Lead and conduct quantitative and qualitative data/information collection and analysis.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropics, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Manage and organize physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Represent the organization at public events and media platforms.
- Build the institutional network and sustain relationships.
- Contribute to design and development of programmes, including support in writing of new proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in Public Policy, Economics, or Energy Studies. The ideal candidate would have technical education (BTech) at graduation-level and policy/economic/energy-related degree at the master’s level.
- Minimum 10 years of full-time experience in energy policy research or public policy research or management consulting/advisory (focused on energy sector).
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative technical and socio-economic research, and report writing is a must.
- Familiarity with modelling tools and techniques is also a must.
- Past experience of handling research teams would be an advantage.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary subjects.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping policies and programmes.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams.
Successful candidate(s) should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
The successful candidate’s designation may be changed based on qualification and experience.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by December 22, 2022.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Applications must be accompanied by a CV; a Cover Letter (no more than 500 words) and list of referees (at least 2) with contact details. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.