Programme Associate/Senior Programme Associate, Forestry
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability & Technology (iFOREST), a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization, invites applications from experienced and passionate forestry professionals to build its Natural Resource Management team. The team is part of iForest’s integrated programme on Energy and Climate Change which is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for energy transition and for addressing the climate crisis, that are sustainable, equitable, and just.
Immediate work of the Forestry expert would focus on (1) Evidence-based research and advocacy for discouraging Tendu leaf extraction through identification of viable livelihood alternatives, and (2) on designing and executing detailed civil society engagements to understand challenges, opportunities, risks and gaps in forestry and terrestrial landscape management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
Successful candidates would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and advocacy work in the forestry sector, including:
- Primary and secondary research, including detailed stakeholder mapping
- Quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual workshops / seminars / meetings as per requirement.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Contributing to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
Education: Master’s degree in Forestry or related fields.
Experience: 7 to 10 years of full-time experience in the following areas:
- Forestry policy research
- Designing / executing / managing on-ground implementation or survey projects
- Qualitative and quantitative research, and report writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of the existing forestry sector operations, restoration and land management practices, policy and institutional framework, and technology options for monitoring.
- Good understanding of tribal economy, non-timber forest products and other related livelihood options.
- Good understanding of forest resource assessment techniques and GIS mapping.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Contract duration: 1 year, which can be extended based on the programme development.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by September 13, 2021.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.