Programme Associate/Senior Associate, Energy
iFOREST is currently inviting applications from capable, experienced and passionate professionals to build its Energy and Climate Change team. The integrated programme on Energy and Climate Change is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for our energy transition and addressing the climate crisis, that are sustainable, equitable, and just.
Immediate work of the Programme Associate/ Senior Associate would focus on evidence-based research and advocacy for promotion of Distributed Renewable Energy (DRE) for productive use in mining rich states, focusing on the crucial barrier of financing.
With a team of experienced professionals from cross cutting domains, and expert advisors and affiliates, even in the short span since its incorporation in 2019, iFOREST has managed to make notable contributions in the fields of environment and climate change particularly on just transition, climate legislation, natural refrigerants and waste management. Our recent book Just Transition in India: An inquiry into the challenges and opportunities for a post-coal future, is the first-of-its-kind on ground research from India on what transitioning away from the coal economy means and entails for our country.
Work Description & Responsibilities
Successful candidates would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and advocacy work in energy and climate change sectors, including:
- Primary and secondary research on the renewable energy sector, and any related matters in the energy and climate change sector.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual workshops / seminars / meetings as per requirement.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Contributing to programme development, including support in development and writing of proposals.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
Education: Master’s degree in Economics, Energy studies, Climate Change and Sustainability, Development, Rural Management, or in any other related field.
Experience: 3 to 5 year of full-time experience for Programme Associate; and 6 to 10 years of full-time experience for Senior Associate, in the following areas:
- Renewable energy and energy access (DRE) sector in capacity of either research or implementation projects
- Designing / executing / managing on-ground implementation or survey projects
- Qualitative and quantitative research, and report writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of the DRE sector, along with sound understanding of rural economy, business / implementation models is desirable
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by June 7, 2021.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.