Programme Associate, Industrial decarbonisation
iFOREST is looking to build its Industrial Decarbonisation team with the addition of capable, experienced and passionate professionals. The programme is focused on developing knowledge and providing technical support for industrial decarbonisation in fertilizer, bricks and at-risk MSME sectors, as transition in these hard-to-abate sectors will affect large number of consumers and enterprises.
Applying candidates should necessarily have experience of research, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
Location: New Delhi/Noida
iFOREST is an environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
About the Role
The successful candidate would support delivery of outputs and outcomes pertaining to the initiatives of the industrial decarbonization.
This would broadly entail the following:
- Contribute to the research initiatives on industrial decarbonization.
- Conduct in-dept primary and secondary research.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data/information collection and analysis.
- Write analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (government, businesses, investors, philanthropic funders, NGOs, media etc.) for conducting and disseminating research.
- Organize physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Contribute to design and development of new programmes and initiatives.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification & Skills
Education: A bachelor’s degree in science/engineering or economics, and a master’s degree in management or public policy or economics.
- Minimum 3 years of full-time experience in qualitative and quantitative technical, socio-economic or public policy research or management advisory/consulting. Good understanding of the agriculture sector would be an advantage.
- Experience in data analysis and report writing is a must.
- Experience of designing and executing stakeholder consultations is must.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people especially industry representatives.
- Ability to organize and document structured primary research/consultations for research.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping policies and programmes.
- Ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and be a team player.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by May 25, 2023.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without a cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.