Research Associate, Pollution & Waste Management
iFOREST invites applications from capable, experienced, and passionate professionals to build its Pollution & Waste Management team. The integrated programme on Pollution & Waste Management is focused on identifying and scaling up solutions for pollution and waste management through interventions in policy, circular economy, and stakeholder engagement.
Applying candidates should necessarily have experience in field work, qualitative and quantitative analysis & report writing.
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Pollution and Waste Management, and Natural Resource Management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
A successful candidate would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks for executing impactful research and advocacy work, including:
- Experience conducting in-depth primary and secondary research on the waste management.
- Experience in fieldwork through research design, questionnaire preparation, engaging with field staff and data collection.
- Collection and analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data and methodical management.
- Writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles, and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders for research and dissemination of research outputs, including organising physical and virtual workshops/seminars/meetings as per requirement.
- Supporting implementation projects through project planning, engaging with stakeholders and interfacing with ground-staff.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities as required by the programme and the organization.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in Development studies, Economics, Climate Change and Sustainability, Environmental Science, Public Policy or in any other related field.
- Experience: 1-3 years of full-time experience in Waste Management research/consulting/advisory
Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, and report writing is a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of India’s waste management sector and existing policy frameworks on various waste streams.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in research and writing.
- Ability to comprehend, and work on interdisciplinary matters.
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of people on research and policy issues on multiple platforms.
- Work independently under tight deadlines and guide teams as necessary.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by August 15, 2022.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.