Program Associate, CEO Office
iFOREST is looking for a capable and passionate researcher to support to the CEO office with multi-disciplinary research and communication. The candidate will be required to support a broad variety of research and communication assignments to facilitate the CEOs ability to conceptualize, develop and deliver on important assignments. She/he would also be required to support the CEO in other strategic functions such as managing communication and outreach on behalf of the CEO office as well as supporting with programme management.
The role requires for a dynamic and outgoing personality, with excellent research skills. Applying candidates must be nimble and open to delivering on research outputs across a range of verticals in the environment and climate change domains.
Location: New Delhi/Noida/Hybrid
iFOREST is an environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
About the Role
The successful candidate would work directly with the CEO on a number assignments and tasks to deliver impactful research and execute strategic multi-stakeholder engagement.
This would broadly entail the following:
- Execute multi-sectoral research assignments and tasks.
- Conduct in-dept primary and secondary research.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data/information collection and analysis.
- Support in writing analytical reports, policy papers, articles and other forms of communication materials suitable for policy and public engagement.
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders, on behalf of the CEO office, for conducting and disseminating research.
- Communicating and coordinating with programme teams, on behalf of the CEO, to support effective programme delivery.
- Preparing the agenda, talking points and meeting minutes for all CEO meetings.
- Any other related assignments as may be entrusted by the reporting authority.
Required Qualification & Skills
Education: A master’s degree in management or public policy or economics or in any relevant field. The bachelor’s degree in environment, engineering or economics would be preferred.
- Up to 3 years of full-time experience in qualitative and quantitative socio-economic or public policy research or management advisory/consulting. Exposure to environment and climate change sectors is preferred.
- Experience in research, data analysis and writing is essential.
- Prior experience of designing and executing stakeholder engagement and outreach is preferred.
Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Proficiency in research and writing.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and work on interdisciplinary matters, across the environment, climate change and development domains.
- Ability to build connections and engage with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to organize and document structured primary research/consultations for research.
- Ability to collaborate with people and teams to coordinate on programme outcomes.
- Confident, collegial, and passionate person, with an appreciation of the role of think tanks in shaping policies and programmes.
- Flexible and open-minded approach, with the ability to work on semi-/un-structured research queries.
- Proactive, problem solving and self-starting hustler, with an ability to manage time and priorities; work independently under tight deadlines and be a team player.
Successful candidate should be open to traveling as per the requirement.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Immediate opening. Position open until filled.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.