iFOREST invites applications from experienced and capable professionals to take on the responsibility of managing and coordinating the organization’s accounting and book-keeping activities; and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Industrial Decarbonization.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will oversee all accounting activities relating to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, statutory compliances, payroll processing and governance matters. The comprehensive set of tasks are listed below:
Finance and bookkeeping:
- Managing smooth functioning of the accounts department, including delegation and supervision of activities
- Complete responsibility of the organization’s accounts, including
- Supervising day-to-day transactions
- Preparing of cash flow and funds flow statements
- Managing payroll preparation and other payments
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Liaising with bankers
- Ensuring timely payment of taxes and filing of statutory returns, under relevant Acts (the Income Tax Act, FCRA, GST Act, etc.)
- Preparing annual statement of accounts and FCRA account
- Coordinating with auditor for ensuring timely audit of accounts
- Assisting the CEO in preparing for the Board of Directors and other governance meetings
- Ensuring maintenance of all donor records and project files
- Preparing and submitting donor financial reports
- Coordinating with teams for submission of technical report, and for ensuring programme/project fund utilization
- Ensuring all invoices are raised as scheduled, payments are tracked and all coordination undertaken
Any other related institutional tasks that may emerge from time to time.
This is a higher-level position, where in the Manager will be required to work directly with the President & CEO, and co-ordinate internally and externally with donors, auditors, programme directors/leads, teams vendors/service providers etc. to ensure that all finance/accounts related tasks are executed efficiently.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in Commerce from a reputed college
- Experience: 7-10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a think tank/non-governmental organization. Experience with managing FCRA requirements/compliance is a must.
- Proven experience in leading the finance/accounts functions
- Solid knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and accounting software (Tally)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced and effective inter-personal communications skills and organizational skills
- Strong multitasking abilities, well-organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated, resourceful, persuasive, and collaborative person.
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by February 28, 2023.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.