Manager, Administration & Finance
iFOREST invites applications from experienced, capable and perceptive professionals to take on all-inclusive responsibility of coordinating and managing the organization’s administrative systems and workflows. This is a higher-level position, where in the Manager will be required to work directly with the President & CEO, and co-ordinate internally and externally with programme directors/leads, project teams, donors, auditors, vendors, service providers etc. to ensure that all organisational tasks are executed efficiently. We are looking for a proactive, analytical, knowledgeable, and a well-organized individual with strong leadership and communication skills.
iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks, that would largely include the following:
- Overall estate management to ensure maintenance of office facilities to meet high working standards. Oversee all required maintenance and repair works.
- Work within organizational policies and procedures to oversee the day-to-day operations. Supervise the activities of admin and finance team to ensure seamlessly delivery.
- Maintaining policies and procedures manuals.
- Develop, review and improve organization’s policies, systems and procedures, as required.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the manage procurements, billings, contracts, outsourcing, vendor etc.
- Support programme teams in hiring and maintain personnel folders.
- Ensure management and maintenance of all contact databases.
- Plan, schedule and promote office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, trainings etc. Coordinating with travel agents and working programme teams as required.
- Create and circulate memos and business letters, as directed by the CEO.
- Maintain all donor records and project files
- Coordinate with relevant teams for submission of donor technical report
- Coordinate with auditor for submission of donor financial reports
- Raise invoices as scheduled, track payments and ensure overall donor coordination
Finance and compliance:
- Coordinate with auditor for all accounting and compliance activities, and for preparation of annual financial report.
- Assist with preparation of the payroll and other payments.
- Assist the CEO in preparing for the Board of Directors and other governance meetings.
Any other related institutional tasks that may emerge from time to time.
Qualification & Required Skills
- Education: Master’s degree in any relevant discipline from a reputed college
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in office administration, programme operations management.
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Capability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Advanced and effective inter-personal communications skills.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, persuasive, and collaborative person.
- A team player with leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by July 08, 2022.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to email@example.com. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.