Communications Associate & Editor
iFOREST invites applications from passionate and capable professionals to build the organization’s communications and editorial capabilities. The selected candidate would play a crucial role in enhancing the impact of the organization’s programme initiatives and activities, by copy editing reports, articles and other research documents; developing and managing communications and outreach strategies; developing communication and outreach materials/content; and ensuring continuous engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.
The selected candidate would be required to spend 50 per cent of the time on editorial activities and remaining 50 per cent on communications related activities.
Location: New Delhi/Noida
iFOREST is an environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment – development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programmes. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.
Work Description & Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to co-create impactful research documents and engagement strategy for the various programme initiatives and lead implementation of communication the same by developing informative communication products.
This would largely include the following set of tasks:
1) Editorial tasks: Copyedit/proofread/content edit various types of research documents, including books, reports, policy briefs, factsheets, write-ups, presentations, letters or any other research output, as per requirement. This would entail correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure as well as correcting repetitious phrasing, technical/statistical/logical inconsistencies, inappropriate word choices, inconsistency in narrative voice and verbosity.
2) Communications responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed communications strategy in line with the programme requirements, in coordination with the relevant programme team.
- Develop and implement communication and outreach plan, in coordination with the relevant programme team.
- Identify strategic communication opportunities, tools (articles, blogs, stories, infographics, podcasts, videos and other communications products), and channels.
- Manage communications for all in-person and virtual events, including ensuring participation, outreach and awareness.
- Manage dissemination of research outputs.
- Design and edit the content for the webpage, and social media handles.
- Support the programme teams in developing content to be posted on social media handles.
- Support research teams in drafting press releases, ensure widespread dissemination and keep an account of media mentions.
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant media and reporters at national and sub-national levels. Build relations and manage media interactions.
- Support research teams in developing visually appealing videos and audio content.
3) Any other related institutional tasks that may emerge from time to time.
Required Qualification & Skills
Education: Master’s degree in English, Mass Communications, Journalism, and related disciplines from reputed schools
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience in planning, coordinating and executing communication strategies in the areas of public policy, environment, climate change, infrastructure/business or any technical sector.
- Excellent English language skills, including thorough knowledge of writing fundamentals, grammar, syntax, style, punctuation etc.
- Demonstrated interest in environment and development-related issues.
- Knowledge of computer applications required for handling social media and website publishing.
- Working knowledge of video and audio production and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail, strong design and aesthetic sense.
- Ability to manage external vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Capability to work independently under tight deadlines, and multi-task.
- Advanced and effective interpersonal communications skills.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, persuasive, nimble and collaborative.
Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.
Application deadline & instructions
Please send your applications by May 31, 2023.
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.
Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iFOREST.
CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.