Communications Associate & Editor

iFOREST invites applications from passionate, capable and innovative professionals to build the organization’s communications and editorial capabilities. The selected candidate would be required to spend 60 per cent of the time on editorial activities and remaining 40 per cent on communications related activities.

About iFOREST

iFOREST is a New Delhi-based environmental research and innovation organization that seeks to identify, promote and scale-up solutions for some of the most pressing environment–development challenges, and to make environmental protection a peoples’ movement by informing and engaging the citizenry on important issues and programs. Our core areas of operations include – Energy and Climate Change, Just Transition, Waste and Pollution, and Natural Resource Management.

Work Description & Responsibilities

The successful candidate would be expected to undertake comprehensive set of tasks, that would largely include the following:

1) Editorial tasks:

  • Copyediting/proofreading/content editing various types of research documents, including books, reports, policy briefs, factsheets, write-ups, presentation, letters or any other research output, as per requirement. This would entail the following:
    • Correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
    • Correcting repetitious phrasing, technical/statistical/logical inconsistencies, inappropriate word choices, inconsistency in narrative voice and verbosity.
  • Supporting research and design team in advising on design, representation and layout to ensure visually engaging, and high-quality outputs.
  • Coordinate for development and maintenance of editorial and design calendar
  • Draft the organization’s annual report with the support of technical staff.

2) Communications responsibilities:

  • Research on strong communication tools, trends and strategies; advice research teams based on outcome requirement; and support in execution.
  • Maintain and build national and sub-national media databases, and engage for research dissemination
  • Develop and circulate the monthly iFOREST newsletter
  • Support research teams in drafting press releases, ensure widespread dissemination, and keep an account of media mentions.
  • Monitor and update organization website and support social media dissemination.
  • Support research teams in developing visually appealing videos and audio content.
  • Develop minutes/reports on key internal or external meetings/events

3) Any other related institutional tasks that may emerge from time to time.

Qualification & Required Skills

  • Education: Master’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, and related disciplines from reputed schools
  • Experience: At least 5 years of experience in copywriting, editing, or writing in areas of public policy, environment, climate change, infrastructure/business or any technical sector.

Competencies:

  • Excellent English language skills, including thorough knowledge of writing fundamentals, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation etc.
  • Demonstrated interest in environment and development related issues. Ability to comprehend and understand policy issues pertaining to energy, climate change, pollution, waste, etc.
  • Knowledge of computer applications required for handling social media and website publishing.
  • Working knowledge of design programmes like InDesign is advantageous.
  • Demonstrated ability to apply attention to detail, strong design and aesthetic sense.
  • Capability to work independently under tight deadlines.
  • Advanced and effective inter-personal communications skills.
  • Highly motivated, persuasive, nimble and collaborative.

Remuneration

Competitive salary as per candidate’s experience and proficiency.

Application deadline & instructions

Please send your applications by July 08, 2022. 

We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at https://iforest.global/careers/. In case of any difficulty, you may also send your application to contact@iforest.global. Applications must be accompanied by a CV and a Cover Letter.

Please ensure that the Cover Letter is no more than 800 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and the motivation to join iForest. CVs without the cover letter would not be considered.

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Scroll to Top