Assistant Manager – Finance & Accounts
iFOREST is looking to hire an experienced and capable Assistant Manager for Finance and Accounts to take on the responsibility of supporting organization’s accounting and book-keeping activities, and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
Location: This is a position based in NOIDA, and individuals residing in NOIDA will be given priority.
Required Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Education: Master’s Degree in Finance (MBA, MFC, or equivalent) or CA/CWA Inter
Length of commitment: 2 years +
Reporting to: Manager – Finance & Accounts
Driven by a mission to make environmental protection a people’s movement, iFOREST is at the forefront of environmental research and innovation.
At iFOREST, we blend knowledge and community engagement to tackle the planet’s most critical environmental and developmental issues. By fostering solutions to the most urgent environment-development challenges, we empower citizens to act. Our expertise spans Climate Change, Green Energy, Urban Transition, Waste Management, and beyond.
Our work is rooted in regional priorities to accelerate environmental actions at the sub-national level and to improve national policies and plans to support it. Our mission is to address the unique needs of regions by leveraging our resources and expertise to scale up national action and make a global impact. We use our regional knowledge to inform national policy and plans and strengthen international collaboration.
To achieve our goals, we conduct independent evidence-based research, develop new knowledge and innovative solutions, convene stakeholders to increase awareness and build consensus, and partner with think tanks, civil society, government agencies, philanthropies and industry to scale up solutions.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the the entire finance and accounting function of the organisation to ensure smooth working of financial processes, policies, reporting and compliance.
As an Assistant Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day book keeping in Tally on a real time basis.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy.
- Preparing supporting financial information for the various audits and assessments.
- Dealing with external parties including banks, statutory auditors and consultants, on behalf of the Finance Manager, and on as per need basis.
- Documenting and maintaining complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Preparing various reconciliation including Bank Reconciliation, Debtors, and creditors Reconciliation.
- Ensuring timely payment of taxes and filing of statutory returns, under relevant Acts (the Income Tax Act, FCRA, GST Act, etc.).
- Supporting timely processing of payroll & reimbursements.
- Adhering to accounting policies and procedures of the company.
- Coordinating with auditor for ensuring timely audit of accounts.
Qualification & Work Experience
Master’s Degree in Finance (MBA, MFC, or equivalent) or CA/CWA Inter from a reputed college, CA/CWA Inter or similar
Proven experience in supporting the finance and accounts functions. Experience with non-profit organisation/think tanks/CSOs will be an added advantage.
In line with the listed responsibilities, the Assistant Manager for Finance and Accounts is expected to have the following competencies and skills:
- Working knowledge of basic taxation structure – TDS, GST etc.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and accounting software (Tally)
- Solid knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective inter-personal communications skills and organizational skills.
- Strong multitasking abilities, well-organized and detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, persuasive, and collaborative person.
- Highly dependable and trustworthy.
What we offer
We assure you of a rewarding experience if you are passionate about building a career. At iFOREST we strongly support our colleague’s professional development and recognition and offer an inclusive and amicable work environment.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think tank space, and reward performance through our annual appraisals.
We offer highly competitive salaries in a think tank space. The final remuneration of a successful candidate will be based on experience and proficiency.
Application instructions & deadline
Applications must include a CV and cover letter. Please ensure that the cover letter is no more than 500 words and clearly describes your suitability for the described position and your motivation to join iFOREST. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Position open until filled.